God > Depression

Depression - a brain disorder characterized by persistently depressed mood or loss of interest in activities , causing significant impairment in daily life.
We can pretend all we want that we've never dealt with this situation , but I guarantee you we've all dealt with depression in some sort of way. In the natural world we face troubles , trials , and temptation everyday , that's just life. It's up to us to control how far we decide to sulk in that situation.  Depression isn't God , depression is the lies and dark emotions planted on to us by the devil.The devil will take your weaknesses and use that against you in order to consume you with darkness. And if we aren't strong enough we can begin to feel like we are trapped in that darkness.But that's just how the devil works right? He want's to make it seem like there is no hope. But  Exodus 14:14 says " The Lord will fight for you ; you need only to be still."  Even through our constant wrongs and hardships the Lord is there fighting for us ; that's really amazing. I mean really how many people do you know will fight for us even when we continue to do wrong? God loves us that much and the verse continues at " you need only to be still." Basically saying we need to be calm and have faith that he will get us through those hard times.
Psalm 37:23-24 " The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble , they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand" 
Isaiah 41:10 " Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." 
John 16:33 " I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart , because I have OVERCOME the world."( a couple of encouraging verses I wanted to throw in this)
We tend to search for help and answers in all the wrong places. People will go through whatever to find some happiness in that dark period of time. When really the answer is in the bible. God's like it's right here in front of you my words and your faith is the evidence that everything will be okay. Give all your burdens to him , so you don't have to face whatever your facing alone. He's been there all along. To be honest I can only imagine how God feels , when we constantly turn away from his word ; he died for us so we could have the opportunities we have now. He hasn't abandon nor forsaken us not once in any of our hardships. Our God is amazing , words can't even begin to describe how amazing he is. We serve a God who has already overcome the things we face here on earth. Not only that our God is forgiving , faithful , and loving God.
David's song of praise 2 Samuel 22:1-7
"David sang this song to the Lord on the day the Lord rescued him from all his enemies and from Saul. He sang: The Lord is my rock ; my fortress and my savior ; my God is my rock , in whom I find protection. He is my shield , the power that saves me , and my place of safety. He is my refuge , my savior , the one who saves me from violence . I called on the Lord , who is worthy of praise and he saved me from my enemies. The waves of death overwhelmed me ; floods of destruction swept over me. The grave *wrapped its rope around me; yes I cried to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary ; my cry reached his ears."
Decided to watch a video and in that video was these verses , which they kind of stuck to me , so I felt the need to share this. David's song of praise basically tells us God is all these wonderful things. But not only that even through the things David had done or went through our Lord heard his cry and rescued David. If you don't believe we have good good father ( had to throw Chris Tomlin song in there) then you better pick that bible up right now and begin reading it.( but seriously though read it , its truly amazing) I'm getting so overwhelmed just by reading and typing this God is amazing. We all should be thanking him everyday, But anyways I hope you all took something from this and just ask God to come live in your heart and guide your life. Remember God has already overcome the world!
GOD IS GREATER THAN OUR DEPRESSION AND EVERYTHING ELSE!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts