Comfort Zone

      Growing up being shy played a huge part in my life. It wasn't the kind of shyness were when someone said something to me I would speak in a very low tone. No , my shyness was the kind of shyness that if you said something to me I would not utter a single word to you. Like you would literally think I was mute or something. so serious. Having that characteristic trait can prevent you from being the person you are set out to be. It wasn't until recently I sort of got out of my shyness but it was hard with that being my comfort zone. I had got so use to just being shy that being outgoing around others was really unusual to me. Don't get me wrong there is still some shyness in me but I've found a lot of my confidence in the Lord. #ThankYouJesus.
"Sometimes in order to receive God's blessings you have to step out of your comfort zone." If you ask me if I believe that saying the answer you will get is a YES , I truly believe it. For most (including me) stepping out of our comfort zones isn't easy at all. It's sort of like taking a chance , stepping out on a leap of faith. With the sense of not knowing where your going with the situation , but knowing your going somewhere. Its okay to not know where your going because knowing whose guiding you is what's important. For example , your about to board a flight but you get the option to choose which flight you want to board , you get option A where the pilot doesn't have any idea what he's doing nor has any sense of direction. Then there's option B the pilot that know's what he's doing , knows where hes taking you and has good sense of direction.You would want someone like option B guiding you right , Sort of like having God guide you he knows what he's doing , knows where hes taking you. Letting God guide you out of your comfort zone into another comfort zone could just be a zone full of blessings. God is waiting for you to step out on that leap of faith.
1 Peter 5:7  says " Cast all your anxiety on to him because he cares for you." To know that we have nothing to worry about is one of the most amazing feelings ever. When I get put in situations where I have to step out of my comfort zone my anxiety takes full control over me. Many questions begin to boggle up in my head. and oh it's just a disaster. That's when I have to just stop and say " look get yourself together because God already has this situation under control.You are worried for nothing" I literally have a whole conversation with Jesus , like I'm talking to my best friend. but hey i get a sense of peace and love and hope from it.
But really most of all pray about the situation ask God to guide in whatever it is. You really never know what blessings you have waiting for you until you step out of your comfort zone. Put it like this my wise Uncle once told me " once you step out of your comfort zone you will soon step into another zone that will be comfortable to you." Have faith and just let the Lord lead you in everything you do. Letting the Lord use you is one of the best things ever , he'll use you in ways you thought you could never be used. 

Comments

Popular Posts